Functional Integration® - Individual lessons
Movement is the background of all activity, expression, emotion and even thinking. Mary uses movement in hands-on lessons called ‘Functional Integration’. Lessons are accomplished by the practitioner and the student attending to options that help you move differently to your habits, using more of your body and simultaneously awakening your senses to a positive sensory experience of movement. At the end of a lesson, people are often surprised by what they can do with little effort AND how they feel in themselves.
The Feldenkrais Method is useful for anyone wishing to improve their capacity for activity or expression. For example;
- an elderly person seeking better balance for walking,
- a person wanting to do more without pain interfering,
- an athlete wanting to run faster,
- a person wanting to regain physical confidence after a stroke or an injury,
- a musician wanting to sound better when playing or singing,
- a child frustrated with writing activities, or other delayed development,
- or a person who feels they are just not connected with your body.